***UPDATE AS OF 2/7/12: We are thrilled about the positive response to this program! It is currently SOLD OUT, and our waitlist is full. Although MOMI has limited capacity for this special Yale program, we hope you will visit the museum on your own– the Henson exhibit will be available through March 4, and Behind the Screen is ongoing. See MOMI’s website for details.***
Attention Yale Families!
Join us on Sunday, February 12, for a special outing to the Museum of the Moving Image (Astoria) to visit Miss Piggy, Kermit the Frog, Bert, Ernie and others as we experience “Jim Henson’s Fantastic World.” Our group will have:
- docent-led tours appropriate for all ages through this Henson exhibit, which features over 120 drawings, storyboards, props and puppets
- tour will also include the “Behind the Screen” exhibit, which immerses visitors in the creative and technical process of films, television shows and digital entertainment
- PLUS we will have a special activity geared toward kids ages 8-12!
We will meet at 10:30 am for our group tours/activities, but you can stay as long as you wish to explore MOMI. Tickets for this event are just $6 per person!
*Many thanks to Cheryl Henson ’84, of the Jim Henson Foundation, for facilitating this program opportunity, and to the Association of Yale Alumni for subsidizing it to help us expand our affordable family-driven program offerings!*
Please also note a couple of optional activities you might wish to pursue on your own:
- Stay in the area for lunch– nearby restaurants are noted at MOMI’s website
- MOMI has a 1 pm film screening that is free with your admission ticket: “The Muppet Show: You Will Believe a Pig Can Fly– Lynda Carter/Christopher Reeve“
Directions/Parking/Neighborhood information is available at MOMI’s website: http://www.movingimage.us/visit/